Friday, June 19, 2009

Why Campus Ministry?

The May 3 issue of the Christian Standard focused on campus ministry, and I wanted to share a quote I liked from Tim Hudson. Tim is a great guy whom we happen to know and who has been doing campus ministry at UGA for 33 years. In answer to the question “Why have you stayed in campus ministry for so many years?”, Tim said these words, which I thought captured nicely the essence of what we do and were worth sharing with all of you:

“Where else can you find a large number of people, all about the same age, all exploring, all with time on their hands, and all just needing the right spark to set them on fire? They are just starting their lives. They are free to dream. They are figuring out who they are and who they want to be with. They are broke and often broken. But they are all in it together. I love college ministry. And I really don’t think there is a higher calling than that given to those of us who minister at the crossroads of culture. I consider it a privilege.”

So do Erin and I. Well said, Tim. Tim went on later to mention one of his students who was spending a semester as an exchange student with Globalscope in Pueblo, Mexico. So I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that all of us here in Pueblo wish all the best to our friends at Stondord Publishing and to Tim and his staff in their fine ministry up there in Othens, Georgio.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment